Saturday, August 16, 2008

Great Grandma Returns to the Blogk


It's been three months -- my mind went blank when I fell and hit my head! But you can't keep a good 85-year-old down when she has something to say. And it's this! If you are newly married and considering not having children-- Picture yourself retired, living in Florida alone, and all of your friends from the north have died or moved to a retirement home somewhere else. Life is good, until you fall and break a hip. You are trapped--can't drive, go for groceries, and you are lonesome for family. Don't be crazy! Have all the little babies you can possibly afford. They are like gold coins in the piggy bank of life. You see, it happened to me, and my children, and they are my angels now. Without them I would be scared and alone in a strange place, at the mercy of less-than-caring strangers. Family are the most important thing in the world, and most people don't realize how important they are until you need them. Best of all, children keep you younger, longer--and most childless couples I've known were "dullsville".

No comments: